Sharing My Syndrome
‘Sharing My Syndrome’ is a video filmed during our last SMS conference in 2017.
That Defining Moment
Broadly focusing on the diagnosis and early planning aspects of Smith-Magenis syndrome, this film shows a number of different families that have children, adults or siblings with SMS answering the following questions:
- What age is the person you care for with SMS?
- What age were they diagnosed and what was the indicator?
- What education setting or living setting does your SMS child/adult have?
Sweet Dreams & Survival – A Video about SMS Sleep
Sweet Dreams & Survival is a video about the sleep difficulties associated with Smith-Magenis syndrome, and in this film we ask a number of different families the following questions:
- Describe their bedroom or night time routine
- Do you receive much support for respite in your area?
- What kind of medication do they take?
Sunlight and Nightshade
Sunlight and Nightshade is a video that focuses on the personalities of our SMS population. We asked the following questions:
- Tell me the best two things about living with or caring for someone with SMS
- Tell me the two most challenging things about living or caring for someone with SMS
Bright Stars Shining a Light
Bright Stars Shining a Light is a video focuses on every-day-living with or caring for someone that has Smith-Magenis syndrome. We asked the following questions:
- What do they like to do for fun?
- Describe your child in three words
- What is their favourite TV show?
Smith-Magenis Syndrome through our Logo
The story of the syndrome as told through our logo.