Help Connect and Support Families in Your Region
With their use of local knowledge and lived experience of Smith-Magenis syndrome, our Regional Parent Supporters (RePS) are here to provide support and guidance to all our families.
Becoming a RePS with the SMS Foundation UK is a truly rewarding and impactful opportunity. As a RePS, you will play a crucial role in providing invaluable emotional support and guidance to families living in your region who are navigating the challenges of SMS. You’ll be a beacon of hope and understanding for those who are new to this diagnosis, offering them a lifeline of shared experiences and local knowledge to address their unique needs.
Our commitment to you will be:
- Training on meeting and connecting with families.
- Equipping you with relevant information packs.
- Training and support with any administrative or system requirements.
- Support with organising and promoting any regional activities or events.
- Provision of safeguarding training.
- Provision of awareness materials you need to effectively raise awareness about SMS and the vital work of the SMS Foundation.
Join our dedicated team of RePS, you’ll gain so much in return:
- You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a real difference in the lives of families facing SMS.
- You’ll have the opportunity to share your lived experiences, fostering deep connections and friendships with others who truly understand the journey you’ve been on.
- Your involvement will not only enrich the lives of those you support but also benefit your own person with SMS, as they’ll have the chance to build new relationships within a safe and welcoming community, participate in fun activities, and expand their social horizons
- You’ll receive technical upskilling.
- You will gain a deeper knowledge about SMS to better address your needs and those of the families you support.
- You’ll be part of a thriving and engaged community, where you can exchange ideas, collaborate on future charity initiatives, and help shape the future of the SMS Foundation.
Join us today in this incredibly fulfilling mission to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families who are living with SMS.