The SMS Foundation have been busy planning for a sustainable future with a development strategy looking at our vision, aims and goals for the next 1, 3, 5 and 10 years ahead.
Every person with Smith-Magenis Syndrome shall have a fulfilling life within a supportive and understanding community.
Nobody living with SMS should ever feel isolated or alone. Through our conferences and events, online presence and social media platforms we will connect families, raise awareness and build futures.
Together we shall gain and share knowledge through research and experience, seeking all opportunities to educate and promote understanding of the syndrome. We value every person affected by Smith-Magenis Syndrome and shall empower them to reach their full potential as respected members of society.
Caring, supportive, advocacy, empathy, sympathy
Empowering, visionary, future, encouragement
Conscientious, honest, ethical, responsible, trust, confidentiality
Factual, researched, considered, informative, objective
Understanding, non-judgemental, transparent
Continuity, future, accountability, governance, well managed
Teamwork, togetherness, friendship
- Bringing the Smith-Magenis Syndrome community together.
Supporting those who have or are affected by SMS:
- To preserve and protect the health and promote the relief of individuals affected by SMS and their families.
- To support families and individuals with SMS.
- To advance the education and knowledge of both medical professionals and the general public about SMS and its implications for the family.
- To educate and increase the knowledge and understanding of SMS.
- To promote and support research into the management and effect of SMS.
- To support and promote a sustainable, inclusive community.
- To future-proof the charity through good governance, management and accountability
- Charity Commission, OSCR, Information Commissioner, HMRC, The Fundraising Regulator
- Trustees, Volunteers, Staff (future)
- Professional Advisory Board
- Medical / health professionals, Social work / care professionals, Educational professionals, Employment specialists
- Pro Bono / Advisors
- Individual fundraisers, Grant Providers, Corporate Social Responsibility supporters
- Smith-Magenis Syndrome International Community
- Genetic Disorders Support Network
- Learning Disability Networks
- Research Networks (Cerebra)
- Membership and stakeholder management systems
- Social meetings
- Internet presence
- Collaborative networks (Network building)
- Emotional support
- Practical support
- Individual grants scheme
Promote Awareness / Educate:
- Access to information
- information update
- accessible formats
- target distribution
- published support information
- international literature sharing
- Professional symposiums
- training days
- regional symposiums
- Media Strategy
- public Relations Strategy
- awareness campaigns; Jeans for Genes, Support My Smile
- charity awards
Improving The Future:
- Patient Demographics
- Diagnosis profile request from genetic clinics
- Patient Registry
- Registry of healthcare professionals with expertise / knowledge of SMS
- Research Projects
- sleep security
- melatonin and daytime behaviour
- neurological investigation
- Development Strategy
- future planning
- trustee training and development
- Fundraising Strategy
- financial management
- charity fundraising portals optimisation
|Conference 2019||£45,000||(£25,000 income)|
|Research – Sleep Study||£15,590|
|Our reserves on 30th June 2017 were:||£64,658|
|Development Strategy Consultancy||£15,180|
|Research – Daytime Melatonin||£15,000|
|Research – Neurological Investigation||£78,000 – £250,000|
|Research – Gastro-Reflux||£???|
|Education and Information Videos||£1,600|
To Meet Our Objectives Requires A Huge Increase In Income